CFRHRD: Centre for Forestry Research and Human Resource Development
The Centre for Forestry Research and Human Resource Development (CFRHRD: Centre for Forestry Research and Human Resource Development), Chhindwara was set up in 1996 to cater to the specific needs of central India in relation to the development of specialized human resource through training in different advanced forestry technology.
Chhindwara is known for the richness of its flora and fauna and hundreds of important medicinal plants grow naturally in the forest of this district. Tamia hills and Patalkot are known as a treasure of medicinal plants in Satpura plateau. Centre for Forestry Research and Human Resource Development. The Centre was declared as a Satellite Centre of Tropical Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur on 3rd January 1996.
- Eco-restoration of Vindhyan, Satpura and Maikal hills and Western Ghats.
- Research and demonstration in agroforestry models.
- Research in non-wood forest products
- Identification of seed production areas and plus trees, establishment of seed orchards; and production of quality planting material of selected species for improving forest productivity.
- Provenance trials of teak, bamboo, neem, sissoo, safed siris etc
- Research on biofertilizers and biopesticides.
CFRHRD Core Research Areas
- Agroforestry models
- Non-wood forest products
- Production of quality planting material of selected species for improving forest productivity
- Provenance trials of selected species
- Biofertilizers and biopesticides
CFRHRD Geographical Jurisdiction
Jurisdiction: Forests & forestry sectors in central India comprising of the states of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Odisha
CFRHRD Contact DetailsCentre for Forestry Research and Human Resource Development
Post: Kundalikala, Poama Depot, Parasia Road
Chhindwara-480001, Madhya Pradesh
Contact Phone Numbers:
Phone No. 91 - 7162 - 254463, 254473, 220354
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org