Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya
Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya (JNKVV) was established on October 2, 1964 by transferring the six Government colleges of Agriculture, two colleges of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry and 26 Research Stations under an act of Madhya Pradesh Legislature passed in 1963.
However, the University had to part with sister universities Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV), Raipur, Chhattisgarh in 1987, Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Gwalior, M.P. in 2008 and Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinay Science University, Jabalpur, M.P. in 2009.
JNKVV includes six Colleges of Agriculture (Jabalpur, Rewa, Tikamgarh, Ganjbasoda, Waraseoni and Powarkheda); one College of Agricultural Engineering (Jabalpur); four Zonal Agricultural Research Stations (ZARS) (Jabalpur, Powarkheda, Tikamgarh and Chhindwara); four Regional Agricultural Research Stations (Rewa, Sagar, Dindori and Waraseoni); four Agricultural Research Stations (ARS) (Naugaon, Garhakota, Sausar and Tendini) and twenty Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) namely Badgaon, Betul, Chhattarpur, Chhindwara, Damoh, Dindori, Harda, Jabalpur, Katni, Mandla, Narsinghpur, Panna, Rewa, Sagar, Seoni, Shahdol, Sidhi, Tikamgarh, Umaria and Singrauli representing 6 agro-climatic zones spread over 25 districts.
To impart education, research and extension activities effectively for enhancing production, productivity and profitability of agriculture and allied systems in a sustainable manner.
- To serve as a centre of teaching and training in the field ofAgriculture andAllied Sciences.
- To conduct basic, strategic, applied and anticipatory research in the field of Agriculture and Allied Sciences. To disseminate technology to farmers, extension personnel and organizations engaged in agricultural development through various extension programmes.
The JNKVV has documented the plan to introspect the future needs and challenges. Vision-2020 covers the present and past achievements and its impact, SWOT analysis providing a frame work of programmes for meeting the goals with providing services for better rural livelihood and resource poor farming community. The core-motto of JNKVV believes that Agriculture Sustains Life. In Madhya Pradesh, JNKVV is providing equal opportunities of education, research and extension activities for enhancing productivity, profitability and sustainability of agricultural production system and quality of rural livelihood. The University addresses and is committed to render services to combat upcoming challenges of the rural sectors.
Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Agricultural Economics & Farm Management
- Extension Education
- Food Science & Technology
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology
- Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Structure & Environmental Engineering
- Applied Physics &Agricultural Meteorology
- Farm Machinery & Power Engineering
- Soil & Water Engineering
- Post Harvest Process & Food Engineering
The University offers three Bachelor's Degree programmes viz., B.Sc. (Ag.), B.Sc. (Forestry), and B.Tech. (Agril. Engg.). The Master's Degree programmes are available in thirteen departments under the Faculty of Agriculture and in three departments in the Faculty of Agricultural Engineering. The programme on Master of AgriBusiness Management is also available under the Faculty ofAgiculture. Doctoral degree programmes are available in eleven departments in the Faculty of Agriculture and in three departments of the Faculty of Agricultural Engineering. In addition, the University also offers diploma courses of two years in Horticulture on "Seed Production" and "Nursery Management" at Horticulture Vocational Education Institute, Rangua, Garhakota, District Sagar from 2008.
Admission to Undergraduate Programs
Admission of candidates to Bachelor Degree course of the University shall be made through the entrance test being conducted by the Professional Examination Board, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (VYAPAM, Bhopal).
Candidates selected by ICAR entry test shall be admitted over and above the prescribed seats from time to time
JNKVV has signed MoU with the following:
- Alcorn State University
- USA International Crop Research Institute for SemiArid Tropics (ICRISAT),
- Hyderabad International Centre for Agricultural Research in DryAreas (ICARDA),
- Aleppo, Syria Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- Japan International Rice Research Institute
- Philippines Borlaug Institute of South Asia (BISA)
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI)
- National Bureau of Agriculturally important Microorganisms Kusmaur, P.O. Kaithants
- U.P. Human Resource Development Linkages
- Jain Irrigation System Ltd., Jalgaon (M.S.)
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Mumbai (M.S.)
- Central Cotton Research Institute, Nagpur (M.S.)
- Directorate of Soybean Research, Indore (MP)
- National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE)
- Hyderabad Directorate of Weed Science Research, Jabalpur (MP)
The Central Library, JNKVV, was established in 1965 and since then from its initial collection of 10000 volumes of books and periodicals, it has now grown to 84000 volumes. Faculty, staff, Students and staff of the University can become the members of the Library, whereas outsiders who come with the introductory letters from their institutions/ ID card are permitted for consultation. The Central Library works on the open access system. The printed materials of the library are classified according to Dewey decimal classification.
Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya
Krishinagar, Adhartal, Jabalpur
482004 (M.P.) INDIA